Landscape

Landscape


Behold the countryside. It awaits your creative vision to capture a permanent record of what you see today.
For a great,as opposed to an ordinary, image the image musts have emotion. It must create feelings in the mind of the observer. So as you capture images you might ask yourself “Am I emotionally affected by what I see?”
As a part of my procedure when I observe a scene I stop, set up my tripod and camera and look through the lens. Then, before exposing I move three steps to the left reset the camera ,recompose, and check out the scene. Next I do the same thing to the right of where I started.
From this I gain perspective and the creative side of my brain blossoms forth to recognize my best potential.
Now, having selected the scene I wish to capture, I start adding and subtracting filters. I check the effect of each filter through the lens and evaluate.
Having determined the above I then have to decide, by the use of “depth of field” what parts of the image I wish to be in sharp focus. This is a different subject which I will cover in a later post.

Another thing which is important in the process of composing and capturing a landscape image is again a question. “What is happening in the corners?” What is happening in the corners can greatly affect the overall composition of the image, the leading lines (covered in another section), and the specific emotion of the image.



So is there anything happening in the corners? In this image the corners are an anchor for the lines that lead to the peak of the mountain. Also there is a leading line, the ridge, that leads the eye up to the peak.
    When setting up a landscape remember to go for the best use of light. Even with the modern digital enhancement programs that are available  there is no substitute for careful exposure,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Success In Photography

Leading lines